Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ultra line ride

It's been a while since I experienced the fun that is business travel. But it was just a quick direct flight down to San Diego, so I was toying with the idea of cutting it close and arriving around an hour before the flight.

Good call on going early.

I walked into the terminal and it was packed with people waiting for the check-in counter. Screw that. I slipped past the line to the auto-check-in kiosk (I love traveling with no checked luggage), printed off my boarding pass, and headed to the duty-free store, beyond which was customs.

And I was met by a horde of people.

The customs lineup filled the customs room, snaked through the duty free, and ALL the way down the hall behind the check-in counters. Holy crap, I'd never seen it that bad. Surprisingly, it did not take an eternity to get through, and we all made our flight.

No comments: